Island Peak also known as ImjaTse, with the height of 6,189m/20,305ft a Nepalese Peak located Khumbu region in the Himalaya of Eastern Nepal, on top of the Chukung glacier, the glacier which lies between AmaDablam and Lhotse peaks. The name "Island peak" for this mountain was given by a climbing team of Eric Shipton because of its striking location in the mid of Chukung Valley, which is like an Island one a sea of ice. In 1956 this peak was first ascended by a Swiss team as they prepare for Mt. Everest and Mt. Lhotse. The peak is actually an extension of the ridge coming down off the south end of Lhotse Shar separated by a small col.
This mountain was named "Island Peak" in 1952 AD, by a climbing team of Eric Shipton, due to its striking location in the middle of the Chhukung valley, like an Island on a sea of ice. Island peak is one of the most popular trekking peak in the Himalayan country and its accessible by the support of Nepalese Sherpa climbers.
Climbing the peak with SherpKhangri Outdoor make fulfills the dream of climbers, who seeks and wand the thrill of adventure. The summit of this peak is much interesting and the unbeatable with glaciated west face rising from Lhotse Glacier.
Expedition Price: USD $ 22,00 per person (1 member : 1 Climbing Sherpa +1 International Guide)
- Activity: Expedition
- Duration: 16 Days
- Grade: Medium
- Highest Alt: 6,189m/20,305ft
- Trek Type: Lodge + Camping
- Best Season: October - November and April - May
- Expedition Permit and Royalties.
- Garbage Deposit.
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary by private vehicles.
- Sagarmatha National park entry permit and all necessary paper work.
- All domestic flights (Kathmandu to Lukla to Kathmandu).
- breakfast in Kathmandu and all meals during the trek and expedition.
- 3 nights Hotel in Kathmandu on BB plan.
- Welcome and farewell dinners in Kathmandu.
- Tents and food base camp and high camp
- Base camp Kitchen staffs.
- Tents and food at base camp and high camp.
- Climbing Sherpa as required.
- Porters/ Yak to Base camp and Back.
- All the staff salaries & allowances.
- All the staff insurance & Heli Insurances.
- Group Climbing gears.
- All the necessary equipment at base camp.
- 1 bottle oxygen for rescue and in an emergency.
- Walkie talkie set for each Sherpa.
- International flight to and from Kathmandu.
- Nepalese visa fee.
- Tips to staffs.
- Excess baggage charges (if you have more than 15 kg luggage, cargo charge is around $1.5 per kg).
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu.
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu.
- Travel and Heli rescue insurance.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled or boiled water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Internet Access during the Expedition.
- Personal Climbing equipment.
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extended.
- Personal Climbing Guide if requested.